Thursday, March 19, 2015

Purple Street Lights

This is my second analogous painting, using red-violet, violet, and blue-violet, (with a touch of straight blue in the background). This is an organic painting that is asymmetrical, as he is primarily on the right-hand side of the painting.
                I believe the focal point would fall on his face, as it has the most lighting and details on the overall painting. I attempted to capture texture in his hair to make it look as if it were slicked back, using lighter lines.
As I said before this guy was meant to be what I thought a humanoid of my Doberman may look like. Just as the Doberman did, this portrait also came out a bit more cartoon-y than my liking (mainly because of his eyes), since he came out kind of looking like a Disney prince. His neck is also a bit too long and I need to bring his shoulders up to fix that! I also wish I could have captured his more angular features better (since it’s why I picked this model), but it got more smoothed out during blending. Despite its flaws I think I learned what I can do differently when I do my next portrait to make it easier!
Purple Street Lights, done in Acrylic on a 16x20 canvas.



No comments:

Post a Comment